If you are a building owner or manager looking to upgrade the look and feel of your property--or, simply maintain what you have in place, repainting can provide an economical solution. Here are some tips to consider.
- Consult with a professional. If you are not sure where to start, try consulting with a professional painting contractor. Invite him to walk through with you and offer some ideas. A contractor with any history in your sector should be able to suggest improvements, colors, and other applications that may be able to solve your problem. With over thirty-five years in the business, T. L. Hart, Inc., has a wide range of solutions to most any painting need.
- Try cleaning. Sometimes, simply cleaning can make a huge difference in how your property looks. On exteriors, applying a biodegradable cleaner and power washing it off can make a dingy building look new. Interior wall-washing is uncommon these days, but can often be employed in lieu of painting. That said, the wall paint needs to be of the quality that can be cleaned; inexpensive paints can wash off with the dirt! Industrial cleaning can often help increase productivity by enhancing existing lighting, and safety by reducing slip and fall hazards.
- Maintenance repair. In its 35-year history, T. L. Hart, Inc. has--at the request of owners or managers--painted entire buildings when isolated, maintenance painting would have sufficed. Buildings with southern exposures, for example, often need painting before the other elevations. On interiors, it might just be a wall or two that needs to be done to get your space looking good.
A word about maintenance painting. T. L. Hart, Inc. recommends regular maintenance of existing coatings. A program where performing annual as-needed touch-ups and isolated repairs can extend the life of the current paint job.
- Accentuate your space. Color accents can greatly enhance the look and feel of any room in your house or office. It can be a contrasting color on a wall or two, or a different color on the windows, doors, and trim. This is very common is office environments and is a regular application that T. L. Hart, Inc. makes. Additionally, and while outside the purview of this company, window treatments and flooring can make a huge difference in the quality of your space. If you need a recommendation for contractors specializing in these amenities, call T. L. Hart, Inc.
- Use wall covering. While out of vogue in recent years, wall covering-- or, wall paper as referred to in the residential market--can add a beautiful and lasting effect to any room or office. Like paint colors, options for wall covering are almost limitless. Too, commercial grade products, typically fabric-backed vinyls, can far outlast traditional painted surfaces. T. L. Hart, Inc. has been in buildings recently with wall covering installed by it twenty years ago--and it is still intact and on the wall! That is to say, though more expensive up front, wall covering can outlast a paint job many times over.
- Paint your floors. Garage floor coatings have become increasingly popular, with options ranging from clear sealers, to solid colors, and solid colors with colored chips imbedded in the paint film. Sidewalks, patios, and even driveways can be stained. In commercial settings, janitor closets and warehouses can be clear-coated. And factory floors can receive epoxy or urethane coating of many types. T. L. Hart, Inc. applies all types of floor coatings.
- Build a wall or add a window or a door. While T. L. Hart, Inc. does not perform construction services for residential customers, it does perform considerable work like this for its commercial and industrial clients. While not a general contractor, T. L. Hart employs persons skilled in drywall, ceiling tile and grid, window and door installation, plus many other specialty services like these.
Here at T. L. Hart, Inc., our aim is to serve you where you have a need. Our goal is to not only help boost the value of your property, but make it a better place to live and work. We stand ready to help you with your cleaning, painting, and related needs, so call us for a free and detailed estimate. Call us today to request a quote.